Wesleyan is located in Middletown, Connecticut. Wesleyan, according to current students, is a bit of a bubble in Middletown, though the Main Street has markets and other basic stores. There are 3,000 students in the undergraduate program.
- It has an open curriculum, meaning there are no requirements outside of your major(s).
- With 3k students, there is a 8-1 ratio for student-faculty.
- 45 majors
- >900 courses
- Themed housing and apartments
- Bennett has air conditioning but all rooms are doubles and triples
- Westco has smaller, more community oriented rooms but no air conditioning (some singles)
- Most freshman have singles but more singles are available later
- Sophomore year and on, there are themed houses(such as community engagement)
- Woodframe and pine = party houses for seniors
- There is a quiet street
- More info on residential life: https://www.wesleyan.edu/reslife/
Dining info: https://www.wesleyan.edu/dining/
- 250+ clubs and organizations
- >300 annual arts events
- 6 Greek Life organizations (5 co-educational fraternities and 1 sorority) which ~7% people participate in
- "home to over 300 spaces for you to learn, create, collaborate, and experience life together, including libraries, restaurants, cafés, theaters, a full 11-building art center complex, state-of-the-art science and technology facilities—including an observatory—athletics facilities, and a student-run organic farm."
- ED 1 and 2 (November then January)
- Acceptance rate is 15-20%
- Class size: 700-800
- Class profile as example: https://www.wesleyan.edu/admission/apply/class-profile.html
Recommended to have:
- 4 years each of English and history/social science
- A single foreign language through the fourth year
- 3 laboratory sciences including biology, chemistry, and physics
- Math through calculus