· Camp Grayfeather, in Delaware = an integration camp.
· The campers’ fathers were professors and clergymen
o had been selected to form a collection of colors and religions so that when the 36 or so fourteen-year-olds assembled, theylooked like a UNICEF poster.
· Chen cheu, a pretty Chinese-American girl from Ohio
· Ellen, whose father was a Reform rabbi in Baltimore.
· Thunderbirds = A black teenage gang
· The 17 Thunderbirds (ten boys and seven girls)pulled up in a yellow graffitied bus to stay for a week
· Marvin Jones introduces himself
· One camper says: "They'll eat us for breakfast!"
· A camp building was graffitied and everyone assumed it was one of the Thunderbirds
· Rap session
o the Thunderbirds broke into a rehearsed chant: "What the word/Thunderbird," rapping and cursing
· the Thunderbirds started fights, had sex during the hay ride, and stole a camper's clothes, they were asked to leave.
· Ellen, Chencheu, and the narrator stopped the bus and began chanting the Thunderbird's profane verse "What the word/Thunderbird."
· The Thunderbirds cheered for them and there seemed to be an understanding but they left anyway